Impression metadiaphyseal fractures of the proximal end of the leg bones and our experience
- MOJ Orthopedics & Rheumatology
Bari MM,1 Islam Shahidul,2 Khodzhanov IYu,3 Elov DR,4 Ruzikulov U Sh,5 Bari AM Shayan R6
PDF Full Text
- Introduction: Impression fractures of the proximal end of the tibia occupy the main place in the appearance of defor-mation of the articular surfaces. The goal is to improve the results of treatment of impression fractures of the proximal end of the shin bones, based on clarifying the volume of impression defects and filling the residual cavities.
- Materials and methods: The study analyzed the data of 32 patients with impression fractures of theproximal end of the tibia. The volume of the formed cavities was determined according to the program for the MSCT study (per cubic centimeter measurements). V = length *thickness *width *0.52 = cubic cm, the method by which radiation diagnostics doctors work and display the volume of the cavity in cubic centimeters. V cavity volume \u003d cavity length *cavity thickness *cavity width *0.52 \u003d cc / cm (0.52 is the accepted average value, standard).
- Results: The results were also studied according to the accepted methodology compiled by the crite-ria for evaluating the results, and they turned out to be the following in terms of the totality of the treatment performed: in 25 patients it was from 62 to 76 points, i.e. good, in 7 patients they were satis-factory, i.e. averaged 58 points, there were no unsatisfactory result.
- Discussion: The combined use of PRP-therapy, bone grafting or bone impregnated with plateletmass proved to be compatible in osteosynthesis of bone fragments using the Ilizarov apparatus.
- Conclusion:The use of modern visualization diagnostic tools determines the volume and calculations for filling bone defects.
fractures of the proximal end of the leg bones, bone grafting, PRP therapy with platelet-rich and erythrocyte mass